EDU 2.0 just passed 275,000 members and is starting to get some really good press!
Here are a few items that I noticed this week:
1. From the person who runs the EFL CLASSROOM 2.0 site:
"EDU 2.0 is the place I'm now recommending teacher's start their own classroom LMS (learning management system). I've waited awhile on this call - for a lot of new sites to consolidate and be built. IMO - EDU 2.0 wins for both SIMPLICITY OF USE, FUNCTIONALITY AND POSSIBILITY. Available free to all members and just follow the instructions after registration to gain admin access there. On EDU 2.0, teachers can freely and easily sign up students and create their own course environment. Unlike other LMSs, it is totally online, no downloading and servers necessary. Easy to add or change applications (of which it has a large slate - chat , video, photos, blogs, attendance, gradebooks, to mention a few). Go see yourself!"
2. EDU 2.0 is the #1 entry in this list of great social media tools for teachers.
3. This edtech blog explains why students love EDU 2.0 and why it was chosen over Moodle and Blackboard.
4. EDU 2.0 is the #1 entry in this list of 12 tools for blended learning.
5. The author of iLearn technology describes why she chose EDU 2.0 for her virtual classes.